November 11, 2016

And After...

Well now ... it's been an interesting few days!  I stayed up until about 11pm on election night and it was clear it wasn't going to be called any time soon. So I went to bed and slept peacefully all night. I  woke up in the morning and saw a note in the bathroom saying "President F*cking Trump!!!"  I said "Thank God" out loud, breathed a sigh of relief, and smiled big.  I have real hope President Trump will bring real change to Washington.

Where to start:

I do believe the American people spoke loud on election day. I won't say clear though.  Keep in mind this does not mean I am a a racist or any other word that has been used to describe "The Right" this past week. I'm not Right; I'm not Left. I'm somewhere in the middle, leaning right? My wants are fairly simple:

1.  I want to know who we are letting into this country. If we can't figure out how to properly complete a background check, then nope, sorry, we can't let them in.  I've heard lots of talk about how people are researching how to become a Canadian citizen and that it's not any easy task - that is what we need to do. Sadly, the world is a mess due to the fault of many and until our government can get some control over it, I think we need to be extremely cautious.

2.  Sensible gun control. I don't want to hear any talk of trying to take away or limit an American's citizen's right to bear arms.  Because we all know criminals follow the rules!  Hello Chicago?!

3.  Term limits on members of Congress.  Washington is a mess due to the same old people getting nothing done.

4.  Our national debt is staggering and I have no solution for that. Someone much smarter than me will hopefully offer up some ways to decrease it.

These protests against Trump's election have to stop.  The protesters look like nothing more than two-year olds having a temper tantrum. Can you imagine - IMAGINE - if Trump supporters were doing that right now? The hypocrisy of it all is not lost on me. Grow up. Stop hiding in your safe place. Go to school. Go to work. Put on your big girl/boy pants and carry on. I'm fairly certain you will be thanking President Trump one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.