September 1, 2016

Don't Blink

Yesterday I spent the morning helping my soon-to-be freshman navigate his new high school. Then I spent the afternoon helping my soon-to-be 7th grader navigate his new middle school.

Too much growing up in one day. Too much!

While I'm anxious for them to get back to a normal routine this whole high school thing is killing me quietly.  I just can't believe it's here so soon. In some ways it feels like I was just in high school myself but in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago. It's very trippy and I don't use drugs lol  The harsh reality is I graduated from high school 25 years ago. I'm officially that old person to a teenager. I've also started wearing reading glasses and today my hair is in a bun.  I wonder when I can start cashing in on some senior discounts?! HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.