July 5, 2016

Unplanned Silence

My lack of posting wasn't planned. It just kind of happened.  Call it a side effect of my mid-life crisis. And it seemed almost pointless to only post a meal plan each week because really, who cares.  

For anyone that does care, here's the current week meal plan:

Meal 1: Hamburgers/macaroni salad

Meal 2: Shrimp Scampi 

Meal 3: Bourbon Chicken (which has been on the meal several times but for one reason or another, we've yet to eat it!)

Meal 4:  BLT's

Within the past month, I watched my youngest child walk out of an elementary school for the very last time. I watched my (young) sister-in-law graduate from high school. I traveled to Maryland to help celebrate my godson's high school graduation as well. I hosted yet another family get together over Father's Day weekend (I'm burned out doing these dinners).

I wish there was a pause button. Life is flying by too fast. I'm stuck in the monotony of doing the same thing day after day. And I really and truly hate it. My husband and I have had a few conversations about this but it really doesn't help.  I know what I need to do but I don't have the courage to do it.

For now I will savor the few long weekends I have planned for this summer. We have no real vacation planned because of the football schedule. I'm looking forward to a solo road trip to NC in August to visit my oldest and dearest friend.

'Til next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.