March 16, 2016

The Best Macaroni & Beef

This is my version of Macaroni and Beef and it's really good and very simple.  It's a one-pot dish that's a perfect weeknight or Saturday-night-in meal. I've included this on my meal plans quite a few times but I don't think I ever shared my recipe!

What you'll need:

1 lb ground beef, cooked & drained
1 can stewed tomatoes w/ onions, celery, & green peppers
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 cup water
1/2 cup diced green pepper (optional)
Salt/pepper/garlic to taste


What to do:

Brown the ground beef, adding salt/pepper/garlic to your taste. While the beef is cooking, puree the stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce together.  When the beef is done, drain it well.  Add the sauce, elbow macaroni, green pepper (if adding), and water.  Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.  Once it's reached a boiling point, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.