November 4, 2015

The ONLY Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe You'll Ever Need

I'm that confident. And I got if off of Facebook through one of those quick step-by-step videos that you see posted every now and again. Maybe it was from BuzzFeed? I really don't know but all I know is this:  it's the perfect Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe!!

Cheddar Broccoli Soup Perfection

~1 tbsp butter
~1 c chopped onions
~1/2 c shredded carrots
~2 cloves minced garlic

Saute all that for a few minutes, until the onions and carrots soften. Then remove them from the pan.

~4 tbsp butter
~1/4 c flour

(stir well)

~2 c half and half added slowly, stir well  (I used Fat Free - you cannot tell at all thanks to the cheese)
~2 c chicken broth

Simmer all that for 10-15 minutes

~Add 8oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
~Add back the onions/carrots
~Add 12oz bag of chopped broccoli (I used a Birds Eye Steam-fresh Broccoli Florets, slightly undercooked and chopped well in my Ninja Blender

Let that all simmer for another 5-10 minutes and you'll have Cheddar Broccoli soup perfection.

It's sooooooo good. Don't dare tell me how bad it is for me. I used fat free half and half!

 Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.