November 12, 2015

It's Coming Fast

Can you believe it's the middle of November already and 2015 is almost over?  It's crazy. I'm not ready to start thinking about Christmas!

However, that being said, I already have most of Christmas covered for my boys. They are getting one big gift to be shared. A gift that (I'm reminded fairly often) has been on their list for 3 long years -- and they have no idea it was purchased, shipped to the house, and is sitting in a room (disguised, of course) only feet from where they sleep each night.

There will be a few little side gifts added as well. Maybe a book, a new hoodie or two and/or a pair of boots (stuff they need) but otherwise that's it. 

I still need to buy for my nieces and nephews (8 of them) but I should be able to knock that out fairly quickly. Last year I went simple with movie gift cards so I was hoping to actually buy a tangible gift this year.  It all depends upon the cooperation of my sister-in-laws ...

Thanks to a gift card purchase promotion at my grocery store last week, I was able to knock out gifts for my Mom and Mother-in-law too.

Guess it's time to re-print my Excel shopping list I use every year to keep me organized and to remember what I've bought and how much I've spent. I keep it tucked in my purse. It really is a lifesaver! 

(You can't tell I have an accounting degree and work as an auditor, can you?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.