September 9, 2015

Back to Reality

Our vacation last week was absolutely perfect in every way. The location, the weather, no crowds - just perfect!  If you ever want a get-away-from-it-all vacation, I highly recommend Wilson, NY. We rented a home I found on VRBO that was right on Lake Ontario. In fact, we were on the very last street on the edge of the USA!

Renting from VRBO can be a nerve-wracking experience, but for us, everything went smoothly. The house was perfect in every way, just as it was pictured, and it was well stocked with anything you could possibly need during your stay.  The homeowners were attentive and responsive each time I contacted them prior to our trip. I literally have nothing bad to say!

My goal for this vacation was to relax and mix in some must-sees in the area and I think we accomplished that. My teenager (Bud) would tell you he was bored at times but overall I hope he would tell you it was a nice place to visit for a week. Boo loved every minute of the vacation (he's my easy child!)  It is semi-rural, don't get me wrong, but we did manage to find a Dunkin Donuts tucked away in a gas station convenience store about 8 miles away. That made my father-in-law happy because he is addicted to their coffee and he goes there every morning!

I have much more to say about our trip but for now, I'll leave you with this:


And yes, my kid reeled in that fish. It's a 26lb King Salmon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.