August 13, 2015

Troubles

I've come to a fork in the road. I wish I could say I'm surprised but I cannot. The Husband's retirement has not been easy. I'm all for taking some time to recharge but that doesn't mean you get to skip out on other responsibilities, sleep until 2pm every day and then watch TV until 5pm while your other half goes to work each day.

I feel like a damn maid and it isn't fair. For added fun, we aren't seeing eye-to-eye on parenting issues right now either. When I try to talk about why I think "xxx" is wrong, I'm calling him a terrible parent - and that's not what I said at all. We're currently spinning in circles and getting no where.

Before the retirement, we spent a great deal of time apart due to his schedule and our marriage has worked that way for over 10 years.  I know he misses his job to some extent and that may be the root of some of this, but you know what? Be an adult. Start looking into what's next. It just might improve your mood.

So I've been feeling glum, frustrated, and angry.  I'm a joy to be around. Our upcoming vacation should be fun. I'm considering just taking the boys and going alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.