July 17, 2015

Meal Plan - Week 2

Are you getting a load of this? I know. It's crazy. My Week 2 Meal Plan is planned and so is Week 3. I am committed, people.

Here it is:

Sunday: Homemade Chicken Fingers/Mashed Potatoes/Green beans from my garden (recipe to follow for the chicken fingers if everyone likes it!)

Monday: Steak, grilled

Tuesday: Ravioli

Wednesday: Hamburgers/Hot Dog for the picky one

Thursday: Leftover/sandwiches

Are you catching the Thursday trend? I tend to give up as the end of the week nears. Whatever gets a working mom to the weekend, right? 

And as you can see, we are simple people. No elaborate, hard to find ingredients in my "recipe" box. I just don't have time for that and if I decide to try a recipe like that? The Husband rarely likes it so it just isn't worth my time.  Going out to eat is when I scratch that itch and order something I know I would never make at home.  

I don't like eating the same thing all the time though so I think this meal planning thing will help with that and maybe, just maybe, help me find some joy in cooking again.

p.s. My kids have been put on notice too. If they don't want to eat what is being served, they are free to have cereal or PB&J.  This short order cook is out of business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.