May 14, 2015

Idol Finale 2015

I've been watching this show since the very beginning, faithfully every episode (for the most part). When we finally got a DVR in 2008, it made watching American Idol even easier because we could fast forward through all of the damn commercial breaks. I haven't watched American Idol live since. Take that and your long pauses, Ryan Seacrest!

Last night after I picked the boys up from their respective sport practices, I watched the one hour show we recorded from Tuesday night. I was a little disappointed by the final two because I don't think Nick is anything special. He sounds too much like many other artists out their recording today but at the same time, I can see why Jax may not appeal to the masses.

I think Clark and Nick were pretty much neck and neck until they debuted the single to be released. It was painfully obvious that Clark was "pushed" into that song and that he wasn't feeling it. At the very end when Ryan asked them which was your favorite song of the night, Nick picked the new song he'd just sung while Clark said, "Georgia On My Mind - that's my jam" - there it was. Nick would win.

2 hours later, I was right. I turned AI on just at the confetti was falling everywhere. I'll watch finale when I have time at some point this weekend just to see the performances. I heard Jax's performance with Steven Tyler was really good. 

Congratulations, Nick. I hope you can pull off what no male winner has been able to do as of late - become a star in the music industry.

To Clark, my man, you know who you are and what you do best. Surround yourself with people who support that.  I'll keep my eye out for your CD and look forward to hearing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.