December 3, 2014

Christmas is Near

As I get older, I  find myself simplifying a lot of things and wondering why I made my life more difficult when my children were younger. I don't think I ever felt like I had to do anything to prove something to anyone, but it was just this sense of "I have to do it this way."  I'm really not sure where it comes from. If anything, it probably comes from a place of wanting to do things differently from the way my parents did things, but that's not to say I had a bad childhood because I did not ... if any of that makes sense to you, you should be my new best friend.

Anyway, over the past two Christmases, I have scaled back on the decorating I do. And this year, I only put up one tree. It's throwing everybody for a loop! Soon they will insist I be committed!  

Less is more, right? That's my new motto.


The Santa was a gift from my MIL many years ago. Her friend handmade him. He's made of wood and dressed to the T.  He's fabulous. This year I adorned his tree with battery operated (with a timer!) LED lights. No cords - love it!

The Be Merry pillow is from Target's dollar section. It was $3, I believe.

I'm all about free prints on the Internet. They make fantastic, cheap home decor.

The (fake) flower arrangement was made by me a few years ago, complete with the Santa buckle tin vase.

The cut-out tree box candle holder I've had forever.

How is your Christmas Shopping coming along? I don't want to talk about it!  Shopping for tween boys who no longer play with toys is hard. HARD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.