October 28, 2014

Italian Sausage & Pasta Skillet

Dinner inspiration smacked me right in the face while I was looking through the ad for ShopRite over the weekend.  They had the recipe printed right there and all of the ingredients were EASY and some of them were free if you used your store loyalty card. I jumped all over that.

I don't often think of including sausage into our dinner rotation, mostly because I prefer leaner meats and The Husband and I are the only ones who will eat it. Cooking in my house is exhausting. Eating is a battle I refuse to have every night. It's just not worth it in the grand scheme of things to battle over so I happily cook when I want to cook. It's a beautiful thing.

The only thing I did to change up the recipe was I pureed the diced tomatoes. The Husband isn't a fan of tomato chunks in dishes so this solves that problem. Plus, I think it made the sauce cook up a bit thicker, more like a jarred pasta sauce so it was a win-win.



I will make this again! You could substitute chicken or ground beef if sausage isn't your thing. I plan to try that next time.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.