August 14, 2014

Winding Down

I'm really not sure how it's Thursday already but you won't hear me complain. School starts 3 weeks from today and I have mixed feelings about it.  I'm anxious for the daily structure to return. The boys are staying up way too late and sleeping in way too long. I've already told them that starting Sunday night, we're backing up the 1 am bedtime (yes, I'm insane) to midnight. And the following week, it will be pushed back until 11pm.

Oh, the groaning... My 12 year old seems to not understand how rude that alarm clock will be when it goes off at 6:15am three weeks from today. Welcome to middle school, Buddy!  Boo gets to sleep an extra hour but he's a bear to get out of the bed in the morning for school, especially once the "new school year high" wears off.

Still no word on who their teachers are or what supplies they might need. I hate our school district for this reason. Do they not understand that the supplies are discounted, plentiful, and in the stores now? It's really ridiculous.

As far as the on-going home projects, the deck still isn't done nor is the bathroom. Safe to say I'm not very happy with my husband at this point. The bathroom cabinet has been painted twice, just needs a third coat. So my part is basically done, until it's time to paint the walls. I've given him a deadline of October 5th, our son's 10th birthday.

We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.