August 27, 2014

Annoying Blog Advertising

Can we talk about the onslaught of advertising on blogs? Am I the only one who finds it incredibly annoying?  I can understand wanting to monetize your blog especially if you are very popular, but to the rest of us, it's a bit much. It's pretty bad when I can't even read your entry because a stupid pop-up window will. not. go. away.  Seriously?!

I am one of the people who will not stay and peruse your blog when flashing advertisements line blog or when videos automatically start playing. And no, I do not want to participate in a !@#$%^&* survey.  If anything, it honestly makes me less interested in whatever the advertisement is for.

And if we're being really honest, it's really hard to accept your glowing review of a product when they send it to you for free.  If someone sends you something for free, isn't it a sure thing you'll love it (even if you don't) so more companies will be inclined to send you free stuff?

Maybe I'm just grumpy this week.... ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.