July 24, 2014

Summer Reading

Updating the blog during the summer is difficult. Everything just slooooows down, which is fine by me. We all need a break and do-nothing time now and again.  I've spent the summer thus far doing clean-up projects around the house which is not exciting at all. And when I'm not completely exhausted from that, my butt is on the couch flipping through shows on my DVR in the air conditioning.

I am not a summer lover.

Soon we are leaving on vacation #2 of the summer. I can't remember when we've ever done that before! I am not complaining and feeling fortunate that we're able to swing it this year.

So in honor of the up coming trip, I picked up some summer reading for the boys. Won't they be thrilled to learn they will spend some time reading on the plane! They should feel lucky their schools only require them to read ONE book over the summer. Am I right?!

I wish my boys were readers but they are not. So much for reading countless books to them when they were small. I was the same way when I was their age so I guess I can't fault them for it. We've searched high and low for a genre that keeps them interested to no avail. Why would they want to read when wifi is e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!


The one on the left is for me as soon as I finish the current book I'm reading on my Kindle. The Grisham book is for Bud. I hope I can convince him to give it a try. (He can choose whatever book he wants to read.) I always loved a good crime story (I just finished Gone Girl) and he enjoys the TV show Castle so I thought maybe this could be a winner. The Chocolate Touch is for Boo. He *loves* chocolate so this was a no-brainer when we saw it on the summer reading list. It seems a little young for kids going into 5th grade but who am I to argue. I didn't create the list!

Here's to getting them to use their mushy summer brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.