July 1, 2014

Deck 60% Complete

Did I mention we were replacing our pool deck? We had grand plans of just using "Deck Over" paint on it to spruce it up, but then this started happening:



Awesome.  It's crazy what pictures show. Painting over this deck would have been a waste of time and money.  But then of course came the series of rainy weekends and weekends when it was nice, my Husband had to work. And before we knew it, it was time to go on our trip and now it's JULY and the deck isn't done and the pool isn't open!

Ugh.

On Sunday we made some great progress with the deck and the pool is now open and ready for swimming, even though getting into the pool might be challenge. But I have boys. They always find a way!



32 screws per board length. It's amazing I can still use my hand. My Husband did the cutting and spacing while I did the majority of the screwing. I was allowed to use power tools!  Team work!  With any luck, we'll have the rest of the boards down this week and then he can reattach the stairs. Then we can make a decision about the railings....  something that doesn't require paint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.