June 5, 2014

Corn Dip Good

I will apologize in advance for not taking a picture. I swore I did? I may be losing my mind. I forgot the donuts and bananas I was supposed to take with me to the lacrosse tournament on Saturday. Instead, I left them in the oven ... don't ask. I had a good reason though!

However, later that evening when I went to make cupcakes for the soccer party,  I bet you can guess what happened ... melted donuts and baked bananas. I am an idiot! I caught my mistake before A FIRE WOULD HAVE STARTED. 

Storing stuff in the oven is a bad idea! Don't do it!

Anyway, the dip. The dip is gooooood. Addictively good. I just now learned "addictively isn't a word?  Thanks, spell check, but I'm using it anyway!  I mixed two similar recipes that I found together. Here's what I did:

Corn Dip Good

1 11oz can yellow & white corn
1 11oz can mexican corn
1 4oz can green chilies, diced
1/4 c green onions, chopped (more for garnishment)
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
12 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix it all up and let it chill in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to combine thoroughly. Garnish with more green onions before serving.

Serve with tortilla or corn chips.

ENJOY!!

This will be on the menu for the next family party! It's a great summer dip and easy to prepare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.