May 22, 2014

Soccer Frustration

A few years ago when I had to make a decision whether to send Boo to 1st grade or hold him back, I never dreamed it would come back to bite me in the ass over a soccer team. Boo's current U11 coach didn't pick him up again for the Fall season and suggested he fall back to a U10 team instead of playing with the other U11 team because the other U11 team isn't "flighted" as high. This probably doesn't make sense but in essence, he wants Boo on the higher flighted team track but back a level. 

Try telling that to a 9 year old who loves his current team and is completely crushed. He just wants to play with with his friends and classmates and doesn't understand the whole flighted nonsense. This isn't club soccer after all, it's town travel soccer.

Aside from all of that, I'm pissed this was done through email. Be a man, a COACH, and have a talk with the poor kid. I think it would have made a world of difference. I'm on the edge of despising all youth sports. I never played town sports anything until sports were offered through middle school and high school. My parents did it right. They saved themselves so much aggravation. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.