May 14, 2014

Mint Chocolate Chip Cake

I made this delicious cake for Mother's Day. Lately, I've been using a "premium" dark chocolate cake mix from Pillsbury and everyone raves over the cake itself.

The box looks like this:



I follow the directions on the back of the box but instead of water, I add milk.  It's the best chocolate cake mix from a box, in my opinion.

I decided to frost the cake with a Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream and man, this stuff whips up like mousse. You can seriously enjoy it with a spoon. Very dangerous!


I suppose I could have added a bit more green food coloring. It's hard to tell in the photo that it was tinted green but I assure you, it was. Less is more sometimes.

Here is the recipe I used for the Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream. I *will* be making this again!!


Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.