March 11, 2014

Satellite Radio

Can we talk about this for a moment?  Satellite Radio was all the rage a few years ago when Howard Stern got kicked off "normal" radio. Right? Isn't that when it became the most popular? That's how I remember it. Everybody wanted it. They needed it. It was the best thing ever. It has its perks, I can't deny that. But these prices. Are you kidding me?


The car I bought last spring came with a free year of satellite radio and my trial ends on April 12th. Free is good. If it was free for an entire year, that tells me it costs them next to nothing to supply this service to me. There is no way it's worth $14.99 a month or $165 a year. No way. No freaking way.  I don't spend that much time in my car! I have my favorite stations, but you know what? They are no better then normal radio. The Blend and Pulse, for example, play the same songs over and over and over, just like mainstream radio. Why would I pay this kind of money for that?

There is SO MUCH music out there and much of the good stuff isn't even played on the radio. You are better off listening to AM stations for news (which I do) and connecting your ipod via the USB port in your car. The result will be music I wanted to pay for and it will always be commercial free!

Farewell, SiriusXM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.