March 4, 2014

Chicken Orzo Soup

I may have posted this soup recipe before. But I'm too lazy to check. Plus, I do not have a fancy blog with a search bar. Maybe I can add that? I have no idea. I'm just winging it, people.

Thanks to another snow storm, I went into soup mode this past weekend.

This one is super easy.

4 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup carrots, cut to desired size
1 cup celery, cut to desired size
salt/pepper to taste
Shredded chicken ... I used the breast meat from a store-cooked fresh rotisserie chicken

I let that cook all day in my crockpot, about 6 hours. Then I added 1 cup of uncooked orzo and let it cook for another 30 minutes. Then I shut off the crockpot to keep the pasta from absorbing all the liquid.

And waa-la! Soup!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.