March 5, 2014

Broc-Kale-li Soup!

Don't like kale? Here's one way to eat it and not know it!

In a large pot, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute some diced onions and a tablespoon of garlic. I didn't measure the onions so you can add as many or as little as you want. I also added some salt and fresh ground pepper. I let that cook until the onions were translucent and added 5 cups of chicken broth. I let that simmer for a few minutes and then added the broccoli and kale.

I used about 4 cups of broccoli and and cut up 3 "stems" of kale.

I let that come to a boil, reduced the heat, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the broccoli was tender.

In 3 batches, I carefully blended the hot mixture, adding 1/3 of the cheddar cheese into each batch.  In total, I used an 8oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese. I returned all of the blended soup back to the sauce pot and let that simmer for another 10 minutes.



It is delicious!! I topped it with homemade croutons too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.