March 12, 2014

Aging Kitty

I'm heading to the Vet today with my very first fur baby, Zoe. She will turn 14 next month and in the past few weeks, I've noticed she's been losing weight. She prefers to keep to herself and doesn't like a crowd so when my sister was over recently, I had her come take a look at Zoe to confirm what I knew was true. Her surprise at how much smaller she is has me more concerned.

She's still using the litter box, eating, and drinking as far as I can tell. But the weight loss cannot be denied. I'm hoping it's just an age-related thing and her appetite just isn't what it used to be. I've been trying to get her to eat some wet food and I've tried a few varieties, but she doesn't seem overly thrilled with any of them.

She seems fine other than the weight loss. She still follows me around in the morning and purrs when I pet or brush her. I'm not ready to hear something is wrong  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.