December 12, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Christmas Baking 2013 has commenced and when I was in Target recently I grabbed  this bag of "winter" morsels.  I use the term recently as in, "could have been an hour ago" because I'm at that damn store way too much!

While I was snowed in on Sunday, I used my time wisely and mixed up a batch of these cookies and plain chocolate chip cookies. I baked a baking sheet worth of both mixes and put the rest of the dough in the freezer to be baked closer to Christmas. Drop cookie dough mixes freeze just fine and thaw very quickly so it can be a huge time saver. If you've never done it, try it.  You'll think you've discovered gold!

The cookies are good, minty but not overly minty and the chocolate batter is delicious, baked or raw!


There is no after-baking picture. I'm sucking at this blogging thing lately but I'm sure you can imagine what they look like. The batter did not spread much at all. The cookies are plump!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.