October 23, 2013

Yummy Banana Bread

Another downside to never being home, is never cooking.  I guess that can be a good thing, depending on how you feel about cooking. I like cooking for the most part but my picky family has definitely sucked the joy of cooking out of me.

On Monday I took the dog to be bathed, ran to the grocery store, made a quick pit stop in Target for a birthday gift for my nephew, picked up the dog and went home. I spent several hours AT HOME in the peace and quiet while the boys were still at school. It was blissful.

Instead of throwing out the almost rotten bananas yet again, I decided to make Banana Bread. Because I actually had time to make banana bread!


It is so good!  I bet you have lonely bananas sitting on your counter right now so you should make this bread too. If you're lucky like me, no one else in the house likes banana bread so you don't have to share. I used my mini loaf pan to make them more personal-sized and so I could freeze one loaf.  I also added some chocolate chips to one of the loaves just because. 

Enjoy!


Banana Bread

3-4 smashed bananas
1/3 c butter, melted
1 c sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp bakingsoda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour

Mash bananas and add the melted butter. Mix well.  Add sugar, beaten egg and vanilla. Mix well. Sprinkle baking soda and salt on top of mixture. Mix well. Then add the flour and mix thoroughly.

Pour into grease loaf pan(s) and bake at 350 for up to an hour.

If you use the small loaf pan like I did, mine took about 40 minutes to bake in my ancient oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.