September 20, 2013

Way Too Early

School is just one giant petri dish. Today marks the end of the second week of school and I've got a sick kid already. Really?!?  My kids are generally healthy kids and don't pick up everything that goes around. I've always considered myself very fortunate for this reason. But when my kids are sick, it's like the world is ending. They don't know how to handle it and they are c-r-a-n-k-y.

My 6th grader is missing school today and I shutter to wonder how much work he will have to make up. The homework has been very heavy this week and he's not used to having so much. The joys of getting older, I tell him.

So I'm hoping this is just a head cold and/or allergy related. He sometimes has some issues with seasonal allergies and rolling around in the grass at football probably isn't helping matters.  This morning he sounded like he swallowed a frog, couldn't breathe, and he was miserable.

I tested him by reminding him that if he missed school, he'd likely have a lot of work to make up so decide if you really feel that bad ... he said "I feel that bad" and went back to bed.

He *never* goes back to bed.

So he's home today and I'm not looking forward the the mound of work he'll need to make up.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.