September 13, 2013

Sweet 16 Party - How NOT to Plan One

We're in the midst of planning a Sweet 16 Birthday party for my young sister-in-law but the drama makes me want to run away and hide.

Problem #1  My (big) SIL wanted to plan it since it's her half sister.  She picked a date 3 months ago, cleared it with the family but NEVER booked a place to have the party!

Problem #2  As luck would have it, Bud has a football game at 6pm that night and The Husband's plays at 8pm.  We just got the finalized football schedule late last week and on one was anticipating games so late on a Saturday!

Problem #3  The place my SIL thought we could have the party is c-r-a-z-y expensive,  $2,500 - $3,000 crazy. Insane. Not happening.  So then the frantic phone calls started to other local places started YESTERDAY and every place we were calling was booked. Not surprising, since the party date is October 5th!

We did finally get lucky and found a local hall to host the party for $500. We will supply all the food and DJ arrangements are still being worked out.

Meanwhile, the party is three weeks away and invitations have not been sent.  I love my SIL, I do ... she's a great person and would do anything for you, but party planning is not her forte.  I've been scouring Pinterest and I've found a lot of good ideas to incorporate into the party.  

But first and foremost, I'm thanking God for one-hour photo printing:


I created this using the Ribbet website. Love that website!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.