August 29, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Pasta

I actually cooked this weekend and hosted my family for dinner on Sunday night. This is a news worthy event with the football and soccer schedules in full swing plus working a full time job.

I came across a recipe on Pinterest using Manwich as the main ingredient and it didn't involve ground beef.  Intriguing, right?

I used the regular Manwich not the "bold" because spicy recipes never go over well in my house. The recipe was really simple and I thought everyone would like it ... but my 8-almost-9 year old declared it disgusting.  Thanks, kid.

Child #1 is still on his chicken nugget diet. Eleven and a half years strong.

Child # 2 called it disgusting.

The husband ate it without complaint. But since he hasn't even attempted to eat the leftovers, that's usually a sign he wasn't a fan.

I liked it enough to probably make it again, however, it was strange eating the Manwich flavor as a pasta and chicken dish! 



You can find the recipe here:

Cheesy Chicken Pasta

(I only used 1 cup of shredded cheese - 2 cups is overkill, in my opinion!)


FOOTNOTE!  Strangely enough, both the husband and I enjoyed this more as leftovers than we did fresh. I guess it gave the flavor some more time to gel together? Anyway, loved it as leftovers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.