When we moved into this house almost five years ago, the landscaping was horrible. The previous owners had installed red brick pavers themselves and did it completely wrong. It looked terrible. One of the first things we did was remove the pavers that were simply sitting on the sidewalk ... sadly, I'm not kidding. A few weeks ago I finally finished removing the rest of the pavers from the front the yard. What a chore!
There was so much to fix, it was overwhelming. Between the backyard, the pool area, and the front yard, well, safe to say it took some time to get it right. I'm happy to report it's all finally d-o-n-e. Everything we wanted to fix and/or redo outside is done!
We added the half-moon part you see in the first photo. In front of the porch, we planted 4 butterfly bushes which are starting to fill in very nicely! These bushes will get really big so we'll have to keep them trimmed to keep them under control. Later this summer we should see some pretty purple flowers starts to bloom. Down the side of the house, we laid some heavy duty weed paper so for now, it will stay plant free. I don't want to poke holes in it this year. I want the weeds to d-i-e off first!
I suppose it would have been helpful to take some before pictures so you could see just how much work this was but I didn't ... you'll just have to trust me that this is a 200% improvement!