July 31, 2013

Coming Up for Air

My lonely little blog ... I haven't forgotten about you. The truth? I finally put down the stupid, addictive, maddening Candy Crush and picked up my Kindle before my brain turned to mush. I read 4 books in 5 days. I feel whole again.

What did I read? Well I suppose that's a bit embarrassing because all of it was considered "teen lit" but truth be told, I wouldn't let me teenage daughter (under 16) read them, if I had a daughter!

Out of Breath (Book #3)

This Girl: A Novel (Book 3 of the Slammed series)

Hopeless

Losing Hope: A Novel

I was utterly and completely (and sadly?) sucked in to all these story lines. I read the first two books of the Breathing series and Slammed series previously so I literally could not put down the Kindle to find out how it would all end!

All were quick reads, thus why I read 4 books in 5 days!

I know some people criticize books on how they are written, etc ... I'm not like that. If the storyline grabs my attention and I can't put the book down until I find out what happens, that's a good book in my opinion.  I don't get all hoity-toity about how sophisticated the author may or may not be. 

Sometimes you just need a little fantasy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.