July 16, 2013

Baked Chimichangas

I have a really good recipe to share today that I found on Pinterest ** (of course.)  These days it seems to be the #1 place I go to for dinner and dessert ideas. This one is a keeper, especially if you're looking for a really quick dinner and you might be cooking for one. You can easily adapt this recipe to make a large quantity of chimichangas or just one or two!

In my house, I'm the only one who will eat Mexican food.  Please feel bad for me. 

You only need 5 ingredients:

Cream Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Taco seasoning
Shredded meat - chicken or beef - or you could even substitute black beans
Soft tortillas



I did not measure anything. I only had small tortillas so I planned to make two.  I was hungry. I took a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese (using the spreadable cream cheese made this really easy - glad I had it in the fridge!) and sprinkled in the taco seasoning. Added in the cheddar cheese and gave it a good stir.  Then added some pre-cooked chopped/shredded chicken.

I divided the mixture in half and scooped it into the two tortillas, folded them carefully, and placed them seam-side down on a foiled and greased cookie sheet. Spray the tops of the chimichangas with cooking spray before placing them in oven. Bake at 350 degrees, for about 25-30 minutes. Be sure to flip them at 15 minutes.

Serve immediately with optional sides of sour cream and salsa.

These were absolutely delicious!!  You could easily lighten these up a bit by using fat-free cream cheese and low fat cheddar ... but I used what I had on hand. I will be making these again, maybe tonight!

And in case you didn't know, this is THE BEST salsa ever made.  I haven't bought grocery store salsa since discovering this deliciousness about 4 years ago. I buy it from a local Amish market near my home but apparently you can buy it online too.  You're welcome.  Yes, it's that good!



** I can only find a picture link to this recipe on Pinterest so I'm unsure of it's original origin. I am not taking credit for this recipe, I'm just sharing it. All pictures were taken by me.**


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.