July 9, 2013

4th of July Recap

I have some pictures to share of the small 4th of July BBQ I hosted for my family late last week.



I ended up not buying a bouquet of flowers for the table ... when I went to buy them, I wasn't impressed by the quality or the (inflated) price so I decided to make do with what I had on hand. I was barely able to snap a picture of the dessert table before the vultures swarmed.

The jello cups turned out perfect! The recipe I posted earlier intends for them to be made in little 1.5 ounce shot glasses but nobody's got time for all that so I used 12 clear 7oz cups, each filled a little more than half way. We topped them off with some whipped cream. Delicious!  My sister-in-law's called me a show-off for the patriotic jello cups. Whatever! They are cute and the perfect compliment to the July 4th dessert table.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.