June 12, 2013

Last Day in Bermuda

We spent our last full day in Bermuda at the Royal Navy Dockyard, which was where our cruise ship was docked.  It worked out great this way since we had to be back on the ship by a certain time and poor Boo was worried we'd get left behind.

Um smart child of mine? Do you see that gigantic boat sitting over there that's still tethered to the dock with about a thousand very thick ropes? It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. We won't get left, I promise!

We toured the National Museum of Bermuda, which included the Commissioner's House that was built in 1820. We saw the high cave, ramparts and cannons, hidden passageways, and different structures that once housed an arsenal of ammunition which now holds various pieces of history.  And for fun, this area now includes a Dolphin Quest.



After all of that, it was time for shopping. If you can believe it, I hadn't had the chance to shop on the island at all!  I had a few things on my list I wanted to get, including some t-shirts and some souvenirs. A long time ago I started a tradition of buying magnets of the different places we have visited so I wanted to keep that tradition alive. Nothing says Bermuda like a picture of one of it's beautiful beaches so I found a magnet that shows one!

Before we knew it, we were back on the boat and cruising back toward home. We had an awesome three days in Bermuda! I'm so happy we chose a cruise with this type of schedule. I'm not sure I'd like to be rushed in and out of 3 different ports in 3 days....  

With nothing but water surrounding us yet again, we savored our last full day of the cruise before reality became visible once again. When we woke up Sunday morning, bright and early thanks to Bud (who was dying to find a wifi connection!), we were securely docked in NYC.  The beautiful, relaxing, uneventful trip was over.  Time to go home!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.