May 2, 2013

May = Cruise!

It seems a crying shame that parts of the country are dealing with a snowstorm on the second of May. I know it's not unheard of for Minnesota and neighboring states, but it has to be completely annoying!  I feel slightly guilty for the beautiful weather we've been having lately but there isn't a thing I can do about it.

I laugh at the pictures of snow being posted on Facebook out of disbelief not mockery!

Our cruise embarking date is creeping ever so close. We are all starting to get really excited now. So much so that I downloaded a Bermuda Travel app and a Bermuda wallpaper app, both free, to my phone. I also did some research on Bermuda and some things we want to see and do while we're there.  So far, I've decided against booking any excursions through the cruise line for a few reasons.

1.  We will be docked there for 3 full days. I don't feel the need to plan out every minute of our time there.

2.  I'm having a hard time deciding which excursions to book. I have a feeling that once we get there and see what Bermuda has to offer, we might change our minds and/or want to do it all! The men I live with are often whiners, saying, "I don't want to do that" ahead of time but then we get to the place, and suddenly they decide they want to do it or would rather do "this" activity instead.

3.  It's still early enough in the cruising season that I don't believe Bermuda will be overrun with cruise ships and tourists. So I think there are enough options of things to do that if we decide we want to go on a boat sightseeing tour, we can just sign up when we get there.

Maybe I have all of this wrong, but you know what? I'd be fine with just exploring Bermuda on a scooter and visiting every beautiful beach on the island. And that would all be free (except for the scooter!)  Our boat itself is LOADED with things to do and we paid a pretty penny to be on it for a week.  I'm just not feeling the need to add countless excursions to the tab.

So let the thoughts of packing begin ... time to find the suitcases!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.