May 17, 2013

Cruiseaholic!

So with the cruise right around the corner, I'm in full list-writing mode. It's really bad. I'm thinking about nothing but the trip. Work be damned.

To further my list-writing obsession, I've also spent some time with the google searching "cruise tips and tricks" to learn from the veterans. There are a lot of good ideas out there!

Here's what I have so far:

~ Ask for a printout of your bill the day before you disembark to correct any issues. This way you won't be stuck in a ferocious line of people at the courtesy desk and frustrated at the end of your cruise!

~ Bring a power strip and/or an extension cord. Most cabins (from what I read) only have one electrical outlet in them.

~ Bring sticky notes & a highlighter. Sticky notes to leave a note on the mirror for the cleaning staff and the highlighter to highlight the schedule of the day's activities you're interested in.

~ Reusable water bottles ... to have with you when you leave the boat. And of course, a little thing of dish soap so you can wash them out.

~ A small notebook to document the trip. I'm a scrapbooker so this will help me recall the details of our trip.

~ An assortment of medications, like Advil, Dramamine (just in case), Imodium ... lol!

~ Ziplock bags ... always good to have them

~ Drink mixes ... I thought of this one myself. The soda packages on board are EXPENSIVE. You'd have to drink gallons of it to make it worthwhile. Sure, we'll purchase the occasional soda and adult drink, but having the little single drink mixes will be a perfect solution. My kids like the ones made by Snapple and Propel.

~ Walkie Talkies ... this might be the smartest idea I came across!  Our cell phones won't work on board the boat so this might be the perfect solution to staying in touch! Because the boat is BIG.

The countdown is officially ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.