April 4, 2013

The Search is OVER!

There are SO MANY variations of buttercream frosting out there on the Internet it's absurd. But the weird thing is, they all taste different. Some are too sweet while some are too greasy. I have jotted them all down and have tried m-a-n-y variations. No more. I have found the recipe I will use until the end of time.

Don't dare ask me who posted the original recipe. That would be almost impossible to determine. So let it be known, that I am not taking credit for the recipe; I am merely sharing it with you!


Buttercream Frosting

1 stick salted butter
1 stick UNsalted butter
1 cup crisco shortening
1 tbsp clear vanilla
2 pounds powdered sugar
4-6 tbsp cold milk, added last

Mix butter and shortening until well combined. Add vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing it well. Beat it for at least 5 minutes then add the cold milk to your desired consistency and beat again.




I know there are many people who dislike shortening in their frosting, but I'm telling, this is good stuff ... give it a try. You might become a convert as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.