April 2, 2013

Peeps Easter Cake

I know Easter was a few days ago but Easter isn't supposed to be until later in April so I'm reserving the right to still post about Eatser stuff because Easter should never be in March! Longest. sentence. ever!

It's no secret that I enjoy perusing Pinterest when I'm bored. So this cake idea came together by a few different cakes that I saw using Peeps and candy and I added an extra layer and Edible Easter Grass.



I won't be giving a step-by-step as to how I baked, assembled, and iced the cake layers. I think that's self explanatory for the most part. I did use 2 9-inch and 1 6inch round pans to create the cake layers.  I used a from-scratch buttercream icing to frost the cakes.


My sister-in-law is a bit challenged in the baking arena. She can't even get brownies to come out right. And after a recent Christmas dessert disaster (which was freaking hilarious), she has sworn off baking forever. Since she was hosting Easter dinner, she asked me to bring "a disgusting dessert that no one will want to eat."  When I walked in with the cake, she was cursing me with her eyes and I said, "Just making you hate me more, one cake at a time!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.