April 18, 2013

Losing Stuff & My Mind

The other day I saw one of those funny cards on Facebook that literally sums up my life right now:



I consider myself an organized person, probably bordering on anal tendencies, but using the term "organized" is just nicer. But lately, I feel as though I'm losing my mind. Should I blame the 40th birthday? Did I cross some imaginary line that now means I'm slowly losing it?

Back in February I bought 2 pretty plastic plates and a bowl to make a cute cake stand/platter. Gone. Can't find the plates/bowl anywhere.

Last week my son's new flip-flops arrived and I decided he wouldn't wear them until our trip. I have NO idea where I put them. It's driving me insane!

My 11 year old has grown a lot this past winter. We need to do a major closet clean-out to see what fits and what doesn't fit. But I have no time!

Scrapbooking ... I still do this. I mainly scrapbook birthdays, sports and Christmas. It is something I enjoy but I haven't finished scrapbooking Christmas 2010 yet. Sigh.

The powder room redo that I started a year ago is still not done.

I started a semi-major gardening project in front of my house. I removed 90 pavers from one of the front flower beds. 90! All by myself! And I can still walk. Go me.

I wish I had the money to pay someone to do all of these labor intensive time-consuming projects but we just don't. Then maybe I wouldn't feel so pulled in 10,000 directions all the time. There seriously isn't enough time in the day to spend the time with your family, the sports, work, and all the little projects you want/need to get done. 

When I do start to freak out, I am able to take a deep breathe and remind myself that most of this stuff doesn't matter ... the kids are happy, well-cared for and fed. That is most important. But my brain. It's impossible to shut off most of the time. When I'm at work, I think about all the "fun" things I could be doing at home. And when I'm at home, I think about going to work, half-dreading going because that means I can't get this or that done.

I think all of this means three things:

1.  I have too much on my plate
2.  I need a new job
3.  I need to win the lottery

So to all the "perfect" bloggers out there, you're either on some really good meds or just a step away from people in white coats coming to carry you away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.