March 12, 2013

Dental Drama

I'm pretty strict about making sure my boys see the dentist every six months. It's not negiotable in my house. A necessary evil. They hate it, of course, but I don't care. Once you lose your baby teeth, you only get one set of teeth so you have to take care of them!

Brushing has always  been an issue in our house. For the longest time I used to help my oldest son with his brushing.  Son #2 was more stubborn and I gave in ... well, it appears I should not have given up my teethbrush-hovering ways. Both boys have cavities - 3 in all. 1 for the big one and 2 for the little one.

I'm so mad and disappointed at the same time. I realize in the scheme of things this isn't the end of the world but I do believe this was completely preventable. And because they suck at brushing their teeth properly, they now have cavities.

Knowing my boys the way I do, the cavity filling process is going to be traumatic to them - and me. But I warned them oh so many times and they protested oh so many times when I checked their teeth and sent them back into the bathroom to brush again...

: (

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.