March 1, 2013

Cookie Cake

My son loves chocolate chip cookies so I decided to make a cookie cake for his birthday this year.  I thought about going the easy way and just ordering one from the awesome bakery at my grocery store but they only made them in the small round size so that wasn't going to work. Then I thought about ordering one from BJ's but decided I love my family. And I could certainly feed them dessert without completely clogging their arteries. 

I ended up using a normal (not doubled) chocolate chip cookie batter recipe after searching the internets high and low for a recipe that mirrored a cookie cake from The Great American Cookie Company.  Every recipe I was finding had mixed reviews and I didn't want to take a chance since my prep time was limited. Most seemed to suggest adding corn syrup to the batter. That sounded stiff... and oily?  So I decided to stick with a tried and true recipe and spread it evenly in my 12x18 cake pan.

It came out pretty good, if I do say so myself!



I even stayed simple and used canned frosting. I know, the horror. But you know what? I have yet to find a chocolate frosting recipe that tastes as chocolately as the canned stuff.  The gaming remotes are fondant and were made by a talented lady on Etsy.

My sister-in-law thought I ordered the cookie cake so I'll take that as a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.