March 26, 2013

40 Schmorty

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. I can deny it all I want but I'm freaking forty years old. Life is (likely) half over. Dramatic, I know but probably true! As I look back on the last decade, some things have changed but many things remain the same. Ten years ago I was chasing around a toddler in an old house that was constantly under some sort of rennovation. Now I live in a newish house and yesterday I spent the day running errands ALONE, including picking up my youngest from school after he served his first after school detention at the ripe old age of 8. I think I prefer toddlers...

The day wasn't all bad. I bought myself a few new spring shirts and we ate dinner at The Olive Garden. We enjoyed ice cream cake at home after dinner and some TV time on the couch. It was a nice day, even though is snowed for much of it. Snow this late in March is a bit rare and since I only turn 40 once, I bought a lottery ticket.


I didn't win but I've got great kids and a loving husband. What more can a girl want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.