January 2, 2013

So Begins 2013

I wish I could say I missed my computer during the break but I did not. However, staying off the internet and Facebook for all that time made me feel a bit in the dark ages. It nice to see I can break from technology and survive!

Yesterday was the day I realized it was time to get back to our normal routine. The boys were fighting too much and my ears couldn't take it anymore. Much to their dismay, they were in bed at 9pm last night.

Our break was semi-quiet, mixed with some sickness, some shopping, some lunches out, some dinners out and a trip to the movies. Very low key with the laziness we all needed to recharge.

New Year's Eve was spent at my sister-in-law's house enjoying breakfast for dinner. Our family's tradition. The kids look forward to it all year. This year I brought the game "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" and we learned the hard way, we are not. It was so much fun. Lots of laughs and hopefully a new tradition has been started!  All of the kids stayed awake until midnight to bang pots and pans, even my little 20 month old nephew. My boys were never night owls at that age!

Yesterday I started taking down all the Christmas decorations. Our big tree is being tossed to the curb this year since the bottom third of the tree no longer lights, along with a few other random branches. It gave us a good 9 years which is a decent useful life for a prelit tree, wouldn't you say? I'm not sad to see this tree go. It's so big and so very heavy ... I'm thrilled to no longer be storing that sucker!  I came across an awesome deal on a prelit tree from Kohl's after Christmas (only $78!!)  The new tree won't be as big but I'm all about downsizing these days. It will suit the space in our family room just fine. 

I hope the teachers go easy on the kids today ... I know my 3rd grader was in all kinds of denial this morning that he had to go back to school. I'm thinking it's wine for dinner tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.