January 11, 2013

Overheard in the Car

The other night we were coming home from a lovely weeknight dinner at Chick-Fil-A, and I was reminding the boys of what they needed to do when we got home ... homework, showers, then ipods or TV ... when my 5th grader said,

"Why do I have to take a shower? I can just use Axe."

Axe will not clean your butt crack

"Sure it will. I can just spray some in there."

Laughter ensued of course, because anything about butts, farts, and poop will make boys laugh.

All the years you spend teaching them about good hygiene and now that he's pushing into the pre-teen category, horomones and a general need to do the opposite of what he's told is really starting to kick in. It's going to be a long road to 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.