January 8, 2013

Crockpot London Broil

I plucked this recipe off of Pinterest but changed it quite a bit.  The recipe as I saw it seemed a bit "strong" and worthy of killing a slug.

2.5 lbs of london broil
2 packs of dry Italian dressing
2 packs of dry ranch dressing
2 packs of dry brown gravy
1 cup of water

2 packs each of all of that for 2 pounds of meat and only 1 cup of water? Hello salt content?

I cut all of the mixes to 1 pack each and added 1 1/4 cups of water. My london broil was fresh (not frozen) and I cooked it in my crockpot on low for 6 hours ... perfection!  Very tender and very flavorful. I recommend this recipe to all!

I bet this concoction would make a fabulous beef stew as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.