December 14, 2012

The Naughty List

I can tell you who is on the naughty list - our dog. He's been an absolute terror lately and I think it's because we haven't had him "fixed" yet.  Our vet wants us to wait until he's closer to a year old  but wow, I don't know if we will be able to make it until April!

I was trying to get something on the table for dinner the other night and he wouldn't leave me alone. I was reheating chicken, so of course he could smell it ... he usually takes the hint and goes over to lay on his bed but not that night. I ended up gating him out of the kitchen so he was in the family room with the boys. But then he suddenly went w-i-l-d, jumping all over the new couches, nipping at the boys, etc ... he was a dog possessed.  I would have put him outside but we've had a lot of rain and I didn't want to deal with wet & muddy paws so I went to get his leash...

I looped it around the door handle to the sliding glass door and told him to sit and calm down.  Now, our loveseat is only about a foot from the sliding door so what did he do? He stretched as far as he could and jumped up to rest his front legs/paws on the loveseat and turned his head - - and just stared at me as if to say, "Now what? Huh? I am lord of this manor!" 

This dog might be smarter than me.

So I re-tied the leash to the dog gate that separates our kitchen and family room. I've got him now! He can't reach the couch so he will just sit there and chill out while we eat. About 3.2 seconds later, he was free. Walking around the family room with a shit-eating grin on his face. How did he do that, do you ask?



Do they have military school for dogs? Because I think he may need to enroll.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.