December 21, 2012

French Toast Casserole

Food Fest continues ... it's time to share this gem of a recipe. I came across this recipe at least a year ago. I'm not sure when it was first published in the magazine, but I tore it out immediately as a recipe I needed to make someday.

For the past few years on New Years Eve we head over to my sister-in-law's house for a Breakfast for Dinner night of family fun. The catch is - you have to wear your pajamas. This tradition started mainly because all of our kids were young and we wanted to do *something* for New Year's Eve but we were all over the going out to party phase ... so this idea was born. It's fun, we enjoy it, and so do all the kids!

Last year I made this casserole for the night and it was a huge hit! I follow the directions exactly and leave out the nuts. It's sooooooo good and I'm usually not a bread pudding fan. This isn't quite like that but I suppose it's close - like a cousin.

I'm attaching the link below which has all the step-by-step pictures, as well as picutres of the final result.  I hope you give it a try and love it too!

http://spoonful.com/recipes/french-toast-casserole

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.