October 26, 2012

The End is in Sight

Football season is almost over. I'm very excited. Don't get me wrong, I like watching my boys play but the time commitment is huge. This is our third year on this football team so I clearly know what to expect but still, I'm happy when it's over.  We all need a break.

It's also been a long year due to our problems with my older's son coach and other adult drama that seems to plague children's sports e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.  It's getting old. I don't understand it and I try to stay out of it because it really is pointless. I'm all for having hopes and dreams for your kids but when it makes you look and act like a complete asshole, I think you need a reality check and admit whether you are doing it for you or for your kid.

We won't be staying with our current football team next year. I don't have much hope that it will be different on the other team but one can hope, right?  This new team is a  "feeder" program for the regional high school my sons will eventually attend so if they want a shot at playing high school football, this is the right move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.