October 12, 2012

Redbox is My New Best Friend

The cost of NFL game tickets is insane. It's a huge scam, if you ask me.  I've been wanting to take my boys to an NFL game for some time now but the ticket prices are making that impossible.  I refuse to spend at least one thousand dollars on FOUR tickets 10,000 rows from the field. And that $1k would only cover the cost of the tickets!

I don't think so.  I'd rather take that $1k and fly somewhere fun instead of funding some thug's undeserved huge paycheck. Do I sound bitter? I am.  I think each team should be required to designate one home game each season and make it affordable for families to attend. The added bonus here would be we wouldn't have to worry about the drunk guy with a colorful vocabulary sitting near us.

Then this morning, in my email, a ray of sunshine!

Redbox is now selling event tickets with only a $1 surcharge! Are you kidding me?

I LOVE YOU, Redbox!

That email alerted me to an upcoming Villanova Football game.

I purchased FOUR tickets to this game  - center field - row SIX - for $54 dollars. $54! 

Suck that, NFL!

Redbox, I love you ... I really, really, love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.