October 17, 2012

Christmas is Coming ... fast

This Sunday my son is celebrating his 8th birthday with school and football friends at a local bowling alley. It's a bit late, yes, but it was the best we could schedule with football and other family obligations.  Now that his birthday is technically over, I have to start thinking about Christmas.  It's daunting.

The boys are getting older.  My 8 year old does not play with toys so buying gifts has become increasingly difficult.  I realize Christmas is not all about gifts but to kids, that's most of it.

I've thought about taking a trip somewhere, maybe take them skiing. They've never been skiing and we keep saying we want to take them but we haven't.

I've thought about buying a new TV and gaming chairs for the (unfinished) basement so I can reclaim family room TV from the PS3 system. The toys we do have are down there now. To have the ability to shut the door to the noise when they have friends over to play video games would be a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

I've thought about buying a new family computer but the thought of transferring my iTunes account and all of the pictures off the old computer makes me want to run away and hide. I also don't want to spend that money just yet.

Can we have Skip-a-Christmas this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.