September 20, 2012

Pin-imenting ~ Lazy Cookies

I don't know about you, but I find Pinterest slightly annoying.  It's becoming harder and harder to figure out who deserves credit for the original idea/pin.  I have an acquaintance who gets all of her ideas from Pinterest, recreates them, maybe changes a small detail or two, and then repins the idea to Pinterest with a link to her blog and photo. Um, stealing? Are you really that much of a click whore?

Whatever.

This recipe I'm about to post I found on Pinterest. It is not my own, although I did make a few changes. It's a very simple recipe and took less than 5 minutes to mix up.

Take any box cake mix. I used chocolate.

Add two eggs. Then some melted butter.  And mix that with the cake mix.  The batter will be quite stiff. I was surprised how stiff it was so I added about a teaspoon of water to help with the mixing process.

Then I added a cup of mini M&M's (or chocolate chips or peanut butter chips or something else!) to the stiff batter.  Now throw it into a well-greased 9x13 pan and bake.


I ended up baking mine about 4 minutes too long so don't do that ... these should be good to go in 20 - 25 minutes.  They are very much like a brownie with a cake-like taste.

These are definitely a go-to quick and easy dessert idea!

The possibilities are endless.  Strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips? Use a lemon cake mix for easy lemon bars? Yum!

Lazy Cookies

1 box cake mix, any kind
2 eggs, beaten
5 TB butter, melted
1 c M&M's, mini chocolate chips, etc
(original recipe called for 2 cups - too much, in my opinion!)

Using a 9x13 pan, bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A new friend! Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.